1. steve jobs said: “innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
innovation has no limits. the only limit is your imagination. it’s time for you to begin thinking out of the box. if you are involved in a growing industry, think of ways to become more efficient; more customer friendly; and easier to do business with. if you are involved in a shrinking industry – get out of it quick and change before you become obsolete; out of work; or out of business. and remember that procrastination is not an option here. start innovating now!
2. steve jobs said: “be a yardstick of quality. some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
there is no shortcut to excellence. you will have to make the commitment to make excellence your priority. use your talents, abilities, and skills in the best way possible and get ahead of others by giving that little extra. live by a higher standard and pay attention to the details that really do make the difference. excellence is not difficult – simply decide right now to give it your best shot – and you will be amazed with what life gives you back.
3. steve jobs said: “the only way to do great work is to love what you do. if you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. don’t settle. as with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.”
i’ve got it down to four words: “do what you love.” seek out an occupation that gives you a sense of meaning, direction and satisfaction in life. having a sense of purpose and striving towards goals gives life meaning, direction and satisfaction. it not only contributes to health and longevity, but also makes you feel better in difficult times. do you jump out of bed on monday mornings and look forward to the work week? if the answer is ‘no’ keep looking, you’ll know when you find it.
4. steve jobs said: “you know, we don’t grow most of the food we eat. we wear clothes other people make. we speak a language that other people developed. we use a mathematics that other people evolved… i mean, we’re constantly taking things. it’s a wonderful, ecstatic feeling to create something that puts it back in the pool of human experience and knowledge.” 大学英语作文
live in a way that is ethically responsible. try to make a difference in this world and contribute to the higher good. you’ll find it gives more meaning to your life and it’s a great antidote to boredom. there is always so much to be done. and talk to others about what you are doing. don’t preach or be self-righteous, or fanatical about it, that just puts people off, but at the same time, don’t be shy about setting an example, and use opportunities that arise to let others know what you are doing.
5. steve jobs said: “there’s a phrase in buddhism, ‘beginner’s mind.’ it’s wonderful to have a beginner’s mind.”it is the kind of mind that can see things as they are, which step by step and in a flash can realize the original nature of everything. beginner’s mind is zen practice in action. it is the mind that is innocent of preconceptions and expectations, judgements and prejudices. think of beginner’s mind as the mind that faces life like a small child, full of curiosity and wonder and amazement.